Senate Committee on Judiciary Agenda
Meeting No. 2
DATE: Thursday February 14, 2013
TIME: 10:00 AM
PLACE: Room 154 Annex
1. Call to order and roll call.
2. Senate Bill 15 – AN ACT relating to violent offenders. Sen. A. Kerr
Amend KRS 439.3401 to provide that persons convicted of criminal homicide under KRS Chapter 507 shall be classified as a violent offender and subject to mandatory service of time and all applicable restrictions on parole and service credits.
3. Senate Bill 47 - AN ACT relating to DNA. Sen. W. Westerfield
Amend KRS 17.169 to include local law enforcement as persons authorized to collect DNA samples; amend KRS 17.170 to provide for the collection of DNA samples at arrest or initial appearance from all persons charged with a felony offense; amend KRS 17.175 to provide for expungement of DNA samples in specified circumstances and allow use of all samples collected in good faith; amend KRS 64.060 to establish a $5 payment from the State Treasury to the collecting agency for each DNA sample collected.
4. Senate Bill 49 - AN ACT relating to mechanic's liens. Sen. C. McDaniel Amend KRS 376.010 and 376.230 to extend the time period in which a mechanic's lien must be filed when multiple contractors are involved in a project.
5. Senate Bill 93 - AN ACT relating to the Uniform Commercial Code and declaring an emergency. Sen. J. Carpenter Amend KRS 355.4A-108, which prohibits application of Article 4A of the Uniform Commercial Code to a funds transfer governed by the federal Electronic Fund Transfer Act of 1978, to authorize application of the provisions of Article 4A of KRS Chapter 355, relating to a funds transfer, if the remittance transfer is an Electronic Fund Transfer as defined in the federal Electronic Fund Transfer Act; provide that if there is an inconsistency concerning a funds transfer between an applicable provision of Article 4A of KRS Chapter 355 and an applicable provision of the Electronic Fund Transfer Act, the provision of the Electronic Fund Transfer Act shall govern to the extent of the inconsistency; repeal, reenact, and amend 2012 Ky. Acts ch. 132, sec. 102 to correct the sections of 2012 SB 97 which take effect on July 1, 2013; repeal, reenact, and amend KRS 355.9-801 and 355.9-809 to conform; EMERGENCY.